We value our people and that value starts the minute you apply, that's why people join our business, but more importantly, stay.
Paralegals have a huge role to play in the success of our business so we've devised a model that not only delivers excellent value added service to our clients but also provides a career path to kick-start your legal career.
Our people distinguish us from our competitors. That’s why we're constantly looking for ways we can attract those with the values and behaviours that support our culture and who are keen to share our ambition.
Whether you're an aspiring lawyer or a career paralegal, you’ll get to work with leaders in their field, high profile clients and get involved with cutting edge work, across a broad range of sectors.
Our paralegals are seen as professionals in their own right, given greater responsibility with direct access to high profile clients, whilst learning from true leaders in their field. You may even get the opportunity to undertake a secondment with one of our key clients, that's how much we believe in the credibility of our paralegals and the value added service they provide.
Our recently launched Paralegal and Legal Executive Career Framework proves that we're serious about developing and retaining the right people. We value our people and support you through whichever career path you wish to take.
We want the best and most talented lawyers, so naturally you'll be put through your paces if you decide to apply for a training contract. Whilst becoming a paralegal is no guarantee of getting a training contract you will get invaluable experience that will enhance any application.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)117 989 6895
Our recruitment process
We want to get the best candidates and for you to have the best experience during the recruitment process. To make sure this happens we’ve structured a recruitment process that is designed to get the best out of you as well as giving you a real insight into our work.
The members of our dedicated recruitment team are always available to answer questions about the role you're applying for. We take the time to talk you through the recruitment process, before you make any decision to apply. Once you have, we’ll be with you every step of the way from application through to induction.
- All our paralegal vacancies are on our careers page and a click through allows you to easily submit an application, upload a CV and attach an optional covering letter
- As a guide we normally run a two-stage interview process, though this can vary from team to team. What matters is that enough time is provided to not only ensure that you're right for us but that we're right for your future career
- We make the time to give you feedback following your interview and in turn we value receiving feedback on our recruitment process and whether it can be improved
- If successful, we’ll support you through the whole process, all the way up to your induction. But don’t worry. We promise not to stick you in three heavy days of induction training. Your induction will be broken up so that you get time at your desk and with your team from your first day.
And don't forget, if you can't see a suitable vacancy on our careers page, you can submit a speculative application and set a job alert. That way we can both keep in touch for future opportunities.
Your career at Bond Dickinson
Our approach is quite simple really. We nurture talent, encourage your ideas, make sure you have the opportunity to develop your skills and reward you for your achievements.
Your development starts early - from induction in fact. From then you'll have access to a range of learning and development opportunities and skills training. In addition, you'll receive regular reviews and annual appraisals where personal development objectives are set.
We recently launched our Paralegal and Legal Executive Career Framework which provides a summary of the performance standards expected in each of the different roles and is designed to be used in a number of ways:
- To help inform you about the various career paths and so assist you in planning and having conversations about your career development
- Help you understand the performance standards expected of you in your current role and what you need to do to develop your career further
- And used to give you feedback on your performance and contribution formally at appraisal reviews and informally as part of good management practice
The intention is for the career framework to give you a clear line of sight from where you are currently to where you would like to get to in the future.
Your salary & benefits
We work hard to ensure that remuneration is competitive, and our approach to salary setting is consistent and fair. We have yearly pay reviews, usually in November.
We have a flexible benefits system which is delivered online via Choices which allows employees to mix and match their benefit offering to best suit their personal circumstances. These include:
- Buying and selling holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover and dental cover
- Pension contributions
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loan schemes and discounted car parking schemes.
We also have firm wide bonus schemes which recognise performance against certain criteria and/or reward clear examples of those living our values. This allows our people to share in our success and to celebrate what matters most to our business.
What we're looking for
We expect our paralegals to have some form of legal education background. Previous legal sector experience is desirable but by no means essential. What is essential, however, is proof of strong IT skills, excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to build lasting relationships within the business and externally with clients.
We're looking for team players who understand how collaboration achieves better results. People who have an adaptable and flexible approach to everything they do, who have a good eye for detail and a sense of pride in their work.
But most importantly we're looking for individuals with a genuine passion towards a career within the legal sector, whether as a career paralegal or as a first step towards a training contract.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.