As an Executive Agency and trading fund of The Cabinet Office, Crown Commercial Service (CCS) is responsible for driving procurement activities across the public sector and generating cost savings for the public purse.
Membership of the CCS framework for legal services is a key element of our strategy for working in the public sector, including both Central and Local Government, and the related arenas.
We are current legal suppliers to Crown Commercial Service (CCS) under the RM919 and RM3786 Legal Services Frameworks and advise a wide range of Central Government Departments, agencies, Arms' Length Bodies, local authorities and other public sector organisations.
A large number of lawyers across our business and in all offices assist our clients in different and often complementary projects procured under the framework.
"They combine a serious technical knowledge with being very practical and they find creative ways to get to the right answer …… they give the impression that our needs are attended to and are as important to them as they are to us ….. They've got real strength in depth, which is reassuring. They are always able to field someone of sufficient status and authority to handle the work. We think very highly of them."
Chambers & Partners UK Directory 2017
"Excellent, one of the best firms out there for this work. They know the market and clients well, and know how to do a deal with minimum fuss."
"Outstanding performance, very efficient, timely and proactive."
Chambers & Partners UK Directory 2016
What we do
- Dispute Resolution
- Energy and Natural Resources
- EU Law
- Food, Rural and Environmental Affairs
- Health and Healthcare
- Health and Safety
- Information Law (inc Data Protection)
- International Trade, Investment and Regulation
- Life Sciences
- Non-complex finance
- Partnership Law
- Pensions Law
- Planning Law
- Public Inquiries and Inquests
- Public International Law
- Public Law
- Public Procurement law
- Real Estate and Real Estate Finance
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Tax Law
We have expertise across a range of sectors including:
Examples of work
- Advising the City of York Council on the construction of a new community sports stadium, community hub and leisure centre, which includes a new swimming pool (stadium facilities), the provision of leisure services at the stadium facilities and two of the Council’s existing leisure facilities. The project also involves the associated development of land adjacent to the stadium site for commercial and retail purposes by a developer
- Acting for The Insolvency Service, an executive agency of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, for over 20 years and more recently for HMRC, focusing on devising the right strategy at the outset to maximise efficiencies and deliver cost savings, and we add value by facilitating joined up thinking to achieve the best outcomes for all stakeholders
- Advising the London Borough of Lewisham on a Joint Venture with a private sector partner to co-invest in a large build-to-rent scheme. The Council was keen to find innovative ways to bring on board co-investment, development and asset management expertise in relation to this important build to rent opportunity, the site of which is owned by the Council. The structure that we have devised and tested will protect both the Council and private sector investors from future commercial and legal risk
- Advising the Ministry of Justice on a range of projects ranging from the outsourcing of a number of its back office functions through to procurements of Court Reporting and Transcription and Translation Services. In each project, we provide strategic advice relating to the services being procured and work closely with the relevant project team in order to provide a seamless service to ensure that the client's objectives are achieved
- Advising the Three Rivers District Council on the preparation of a Development Agreement for the South Oxley regeneration scheme, including land assembly and appropriation issues, and the preparation of case for the use of a planning-led compulsory purchase order. Our significant expertise in this area has helped support the Council through this process, and we have appeared at a number of Committee Meetings to speak to the various reports involved. Similarly our Project Management Unit have worked as a core part of the team to ensure that timetables are adhered to and variances/dependencies accommodated.