Practical competition law advice set within the context of the commercial issues with which you are dealing sits at the heart of our approach.
We will add value to your organisation by reducing your corporate risk exposure, protecting your reputation, and using competition law as a tool to increase your competitive edge.
Our team is experienced across the full spectrum of EU and UK competition law and procedures (behavioural, commercial arrangements, merger control, investigations and dispute resolution) and state aid.
Combining our sector expertise with our competition law experience enables us to set our advice within the markets in which our clients are operating. As a result we get to the best solutions quicker and are known for our ability to provide sound commercially orientated advice in complex cases.
We are actively engaged in consultation and lobbying processes through our membership of government and industry-led business panels, and ongoing dialogues with enforcement authorities.
Get in touch
Head of Competition and Regulation
T:+44 (0)207 788 2326
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Behavioural advice
- Compliance & dawn raids
- Merger control
- Dispute resolution & tribunal proceedings
- State aid & EU structural funding.
Examples of work
- Competition Act and the Bribery Act - carrying out a significant forensic exercise in relation to allegations of breaches of the Competition Act and the Bribery Act.
- Competition law investigations - assisting an insurer in a regulatory investigation into alleged information exchange in the motor insurance market.
- Price fixing - defending a high profile client in relation to an industry-wide investigation into price fixing.
- First UK dawn raid under the Competition Act 1998 - handling the first dawn raid in the UK under the Competition Act 1998, and subsequent dawn raids by the UK and EU authorities.
- Competition law compliance programme - implementing a competition law compliance programme for a range of clients.
- Competition approval for rail franchise awards - obtaining competition approval for numerous rail franchise awards including cases requiring referral from the European Commission on grounds that the UK regulator was better placed to assess the transaction.
- Oil and gas competition advice - advising a spectrum of oil and gas players on a range of behavioural competition law matters.
- Strategic competition advice - advising Post Office on the competition law implications of a strategically important commercial policy.
- Behavioural advice for major retailers - providing behavioural advice for major retailers including:
Advising B&Q on day to day competition law issues such as trading arrangements and pricing strategies;
Advising Kingfisher on a joint supply arrangement.
- Online distribution arrangements - advising Immediate Media on the competition law assessment of an online distribution arrangement.
Our clients include: B&Q plc, Dematic Group, TSB, Arriva, The Go-Ahead Group, , Kingfisher plc, 288 Group Ltd, Northern Powergrid, , the Post Office, Franke (UK) Ltd, Northgate plc, Nice (UK) Ltd and Persimmon Homes Ltd.