We understand that tax issues affect businesses, their owners and the transactions and projects they’re working on.
Tax plays an important part in commercial decision-making. It can mean the difference between a business or project failing or being a success.
Our team of corporate tax specialists work across the sectors to provide clear, prompt, actionable direction on a range of tax matters. We work hard to provide you with the most practical, sustainable and tailored solutions to tax concerns. We’re just as comfortable advising on specific matters as we are helping you to implement a more successful way of working, long-term.
Regularly called upon to work in partnership with our clients' other advisers, it matters to us that you get the best tax advice, through whatever means. That’s why we make it our business to ask the right questions, so we can get you the right answers.
"They were great at evolving to our needs, and came up with a solution that covered us."
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)191 279 9803
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Company sales and acquisitions
- Business asset sales and acquisitions
- Group restructurings and reorganisations
- Property sales and purchases
- Issues surrounding investments made by VCTs
- Arrangements surrounding entering into decommissioning relief deeds
- Asset finance arrangements.
We have expertise across a range of sectors including:
Examples of work
- Advising Northern Venture Managers Private Equity LLP on investments made by its VCTs in It’s All Good Limited (premium snack business) and Cleveland Biotech (Holdings) Limited and Biological Preparations Limited (both biological products businesses).
- Advising Old Mutual Wealth on the acquisition by its subsidiary, Skandia Life Assurance (Holdings) Limited, of Intrinsic Financial Services Limited, the UK's largest network of restricted and independent financial advisers.
- Advising the shareholders of service plan administrator, EMaC, on its sale to The Innovation Group plc.
- Advising BHP Billiton and Noble Energy on the introduction of, and application for, Decommissioning Relief Deeds.
- Advising RES UK and Ireland on the sale of a portfolio of project companies to a listed fund (TRIG)
- We advised digital bank Atom on strategic partnership with BBVA and its £135 million fundraising