We understand you’re looking for the best result as quickly as possible.
Finding out what matters most to our clients sits at the heart of everything we do. We work hard to make sure we respond to your business drivers and your claims handling philosophy.
Our casualty risk team supports insurers and self-insureds across a large range of casualty claims - ranging from the most minor of injuries to complex catastrophic injury claims. We have particular specialism in providing prompt, clear, commercial support in Public Liability, Employers Liability, motor claims and general policy/coverage issues. We also have a strong reputation for presenting swift solutions in more complex matters such as travel claims, disease litigation (including stress claims), inquests, fatal accident claims, class actions, jurisdictional disputes and costs. We have niche expertise in the passenger transport industry, and the telecommunications industry.
What matters most is our commitment to being the firm that answers your issues better than anyone else. Because we’ve been in the sector for over forty years we fully understand the market in which you operate and how it impacts on your day-to-day activities. That’s how we’re able to provide such effective and bespoke claims solutions, tailored to your needs and processes.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)117 989 6727
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Catastrophic Injury
- Public Liability
- Employers Liability
- Motor claims
- Product Liability
- Disease litigation
- Stress claims
- Travel claims
- ADR & Mediation
- Fatal accident claims.
We have expertise across a range of sectors including:
Examples of work
- Advising insurers in relation to multiple catastrophic claims arising from a coach crash; dealing with care and accommodation claims; advising insurers in the context of delicate issues of adverse publicity arising from the accident
- Regularly acting for a number of international manufacturers of medical equipment in respect of products claims arising from the use of their equipment in hospitals and care homes, and in the course of surgery
- Dealing with a tranche of historic industrial deafness claims for a large Japanese manufacturer, 90% of which have been withdrawn
- Successfully defending a substantial stress claim brought by an employee who was dismissed after several breaches of health and safety site rules, and the discovery that he was producing counterfeit DVDs at work
- Advising insurers in a complex multi-million pound residential care case where the claimant suffered injuries of the utmost severity. Securing an agreement with the local PCT to fund the shortfall in funding caused by a shortfall in the claimant’s damages consequent upon contributory negligence and the limit in funding provided by the FSCS to an insurer in liquidation.