Understanding the financial services industry is only part of the challenge.
With over forty years in the insurance sector as well as niche financial lines expertise, we provide real insight and commercial understanding, as well as specialist legal knowledge.
With our insurance focus and our team of business-insiders, we understand the commercial environment in which our Financial Services clients operate. In particular, we recognise the insured risks that you face and the impact a claim can have on your bottom line.
With experts in both the London market and across the UK, we combine the very best specialist market expertise and cost-efficiency. We have a particular specialism in the management of third party liability risks for the UK and offshore private equity and hedge fund sector as well as a highly experienced compliance and regulatory team that provides technical support for our disputes work.
In collaboration with our Employment, Regulatory and Insolvency teams our Insurance team also provides a comprehensive national service that can deal with a wide range of issues including directors' duties, corporate manslaughter, the Bribery Act and HSE, HMRC and FCA claims and / or investigations.
We help you navigate the risk minefield. We’re committed to resolving problems and disputes promptly and practically. We always have our eyes on your commercial objectives and protecting the value you have in your brands and reputations.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)238 020 8140
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Banking and Financial Litigation
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Bankers Blanket Bond and Fidelity Guarantee
- Policy Coverage Advice
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Advertising & Marketing
- UK and offshore private equity/hedge fund sector.
Examples of work
- We advised a Lloyd's Syndicate on insurance coverage issues relating to an insolvent financial services policyholder and its agents. This was a complex case involving four different insurance policies, multiple notifications, timing and scope of notifications, material non-disclosures across several policies, the Third Parties (Rights against Insurers) Act 1930, contract construction, mistake, date and attribution of knowledge, agency, and conduct estoppel issues.
- We represented a global insurer in the London companies market and its insured IFA network. The network faced complaints from around 70 clients regarding investment advice received from one of its advisers. Our role was to project manage and coordinate a consistent, core defence strategy across all complaints and communications with regulators, as well as to defend each individual matter on its particular merits.
- We are working with a large Lloyd's of London international wholesale insurance broker and several Lloyd's syndicates and London-based MGAs to support the growth, development and administration of a scheme of Bankers Blanket Bond insurances for the members of an overseas banking trade association. Our involvement includes coverage and monitoring services.
- Defending companies and directors against HMRC allegations of preferential payments at the expense of creditors.
- We advised a European bank on coverage issues arising out of a notorious equipment leasing fraud in Denmark. One of the key issues of policy construction involved the meaning of "Documents of Value".