When property damage claims happen you’re looking for quick, cost-effective solutions.
We’re proud that we can offer a unique combination of legal expertise, outstanding client experience, team-wide strength and a commitment to providing commercially focused advice.
With over forty years' experience of working in the industry our property risk team is a key part of our overall insurance disputes service. We work hard to put ourselves in your shoes and provide a service grounded in clear, commercial advice and action – whether for claimants or defendants and at all levels of complexity and value. We listen to our clients and were one of the first firms to implement creative fee structures for both volume instructions and major incident work.
We also have niche expertise in the art insurance market. With over a decade of experience in this area we understand that art losses are different from other insured property, not least because artworks have significant sentimental and cultural value.
It’s important to us that you feel we’re the right people to be working alongside you. It matters to us that you feel we’ve taken the time to understand your objectives, priorities and claims handling philosophy. Recognising the need for prompt, practical advice and action, our expertise covers the full spectrum of property risks, including fire, flood, subsidence, explosion and impact. We also advise on policy coverage, fraud and other commercial disputes arising in the insurance sector.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)117 989 6727
What we do
We have the breadth of expertise and experience to handle claimant or defendant work at all levels of complexity and value:
- Property damage including - fires, floods, product liability, subsidence, explosion and impact, statutory breaches, defective workmanship, faulty construction and design and RTA impacts
- Product liability
- Subrogated and debt recoveries
We also advise on policy coverage, fraud and other commercial disputes arising in the insurance sector.
We have expertise across a range of sectors including:
Examples of work
- Buncefield disaster - Acting for insurers in connection with over 100 property damage claims arising out of the Buncefield disaster
- Serious flood due to defective design - Acting for insurers in a claim against a property developer following serious flooding caused by defective design
- Oil and Gas installations - Acting for insurers in connection with losses arising from defective sub-sea oil and gas installations
- Peat processing facility fire - Acting for private interests in connection with the destruction by fire of a peat processing facility
- Liability for cancelled Championship football fixtures - Advising insurers on their liability for cancelled Championship football fixtures and loss of TV rights following defective repair work at a football stadium carried out by the insured.