Our international arbitration team has a formidable track record for success.
With specialist arbitration practitioners drawing upon the resources of one of the largest dispute resolution teams in the country, we have the sector expertise and resources to handle even the most complex, high value domestic and cross-border arbitrations.
While our core service is advising on high value complex commercial disputes, we have particular strengths and considerable expertise in oil & gas and construction & engineering matters. We act for a blue-chip client base ranging from oil & gas supermajors, through to international retailers and government linked entities.
We are well versed in the rules of many of the major arbitral institutions including the ICC and the LCIA. We also conduct arbitrations under the UNCITRAL rules and acted in ad hoc arbitrations.
With our network for law firms operating in 63 countries, we regularly work with local foreign lawyers, consultants and experts across many jurisdictions.
Perhaps most importantly or all, we form close relationships with clients to develop good risk management strategies and strive to do all that is possible to prevent disputes arising. We understand our clients' industry and business to make sure we are able to recommend options, predict likely outcomes and enable our clients to make informed decisions and manage costs. Our clients recommend us for our ability to resolve disputes quickly and cost effectively.
“Superb advice at competitive rates... commercial, proactive and available... they are pragmatic and get to the point.”
Chambers & Partners Guide
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)2380 208154
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Oil & gas disputes
- Construction and engineering claims
- Commercial and contract disputes
- Shareholder and joint venture disputes
- Drafting arbitration agreements
- Challenge and enforcement of arbitral awards
- Court orders in support of arbitration proceedings.
Examples of work
- Acted for an oil and gas supermajor in a US$50 million ICC arbitration regarding the allocation of gas production between JV partners from gas fields in Argentina.
- Acted for an Italian oil and gas group in an LCIA arbitration against a Croatian JV partner regarding a review of gas prices worth several hundred million US$ under several gas production sharing agreements.
- Acted in an ICC arbitration for an international contractor in a £55 million claim regarding the construction of a sewer treatment plant in the Middle East.
- Assisted an international UK retailer in an ICC arbitration in a claim for sums due under a share sale agreement following the retailer's acquisition of its Polish franchisee.
- Acted for a gas exploration and production company operating in the North Sea in an arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules concerning the proper apportionment of revenue between lender and borrower under a funding agreement.