A business can often succeed or fail based on how you manage the transfer of people during reorganisation.
Whether you’re buying or selling, or simply looking to get better value through outsourcing, managing the process related to your people is one of the most important aspects. We understand you’re looking for clear, expert advice, delivered promptly.
We make it our business to ask the right questions, to listen hard to the answers and structure everything we do so as to get you the commercial solutions you need.
Our employment specialists have a strong, proven track record of delivering clear direction on the employment aspects of acquisitions and disposals, including due diligence. We advise on the consultation requirements of any TUPE transaction and can negotiate the documentation, including complex warranties and indemnities. We are often asked to advise on redundancies associated with TUPE transfers, the harmonisation of terms and conditions of employment post-transfer and transfers of staff from public sector organisations.
But our expertise isn’t only limited to TUPE and outsourcing as a result of a corporate transaction. We understand that finding the right people to do the best job at the best price is a constant challenge for organisations. That’s why our employment experts can help you to structure your outsourcing agreements in such a way as to get the best financial returns as well as minimising any risk to your organisation.
We want you to trust us to stand by your side, supporting your in-house legal and HR teams, including when other law firms are advising on other aspects of the transaction.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)23 8020 8223
What we do
All employment aspects of TUPE and outsourcing including:
- Due diligence
- Consultation requirements
- Documentation, including warranties and indemnities
- Redundancies connected to TUPE
- Post transfer harmonisation of terms and conditions of employment.
Examples of work
- Providing support to a rail company bidding for a franchise, which included identifying the key employment issues and potential liabilities to enable the client to formulate its financial model for the franchise bid. Following the client's successful bid, we were retained to support the mobilisation phase leading up to commencement of the franchise and beyond, which involved assisting with complex trade union and TUPE negotiations with other interested parties in relation to significant transfers of staff.
- Advising English Heritage on its demerger and separation into two separate business areas. This involved a large-scale TUPE transfer and ground-breaking work to implement New Fair Deal, which was published only weeks before the TUPE transfer.
- Advising Ordnance Survey on employment and industrial relations aspects associated with its transfer from the Civil Service to a wholly-owned Government company.
- Advising on the employment and HR aspects of a substantial merger between two housing associations.