Businesses spend considerable time and money devising brands, logos, get-up, corporate identities and strap lines to market their products or services. These brands are often one of the most valuable assets a business owns, and can be protected through trade mark and design registration.
Our Trade Mark and Design Unit consists of specialist UK and European trade mark attorneys handling all aspects of the management of UK, European Community and international trade mark and design portfolios.
We’re proud of our reputation for being one of the leading full-service trade mark and designs management teams in the UK.
Our Trade Mark and Design Unit delivers clear, practical and commercial orientated advice across a full range of contentious and non-contentious trade mark and design matters. We advise on everything from pre-clearance searching and filing trade mark applications through to opposing applications at the trade mark offices.
What matters most is that you get an exceptional client experience that can’t be beaten. We believe in long-standing relationships and a practical way of working. We think our common-sense approach to managing risk and protecting your brands is just one of the reasons you should trust us. Most importantly, we work hard to be the right team for the job, standing alongside you. We do this by listening hard and providing practical, commercial and cost-effective support at all levels. That way you feel we’re part of your in-house team, adding value at every step.
Get in touch
Associate & Registered Trade Mark Attorney
T:+44 (0)113 290 4431
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Conducting trade mark and design availability searches and advising on potentially conflicting rights
- Advising on the registrability of trade marks and designs
- Applying for and obtaining UK, European Community and international trade mark and design registrations
- Bringing and defending opposition proceedings, declarations of invalidity and revocation proceedings
- Conducting brand reviews and audits to help establish if your brands are properly protected
- Advising on the exploitation of bands and the enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Advising on domain name registrations and handling disputes
- Managing trade mark and design portfolios.
Examples of work
Our clients include: UK Hydrographic Office, Belmond (UK) Limited, Nova International Limited, Princess Yachts International, English Heritage, Provident Financial Plc, Getech Group Plc, Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited, Northgate plc, Old Mutual Wealth, Royal National Lifeboat Institution, Immediate Media (BBC), Agriculture & Horticultural Development Board, Atom Bank, Sanderson Weatherall Group, Bounce Foods Limited Vertu Motors, Sturgeon Ventures and Bart Ingredients.