Working together with you and other professional advisers, we will consider a variety of factors, that which include:
- The size of the estate and the nature and extent of assets comprised in it
- Whether any of the beneficiaries qualify from for any reliefs or exemptions from tax
- Whether or not the estate comprises business or agricultural assets, and whether any tax reliefs apply
- Whether inheritance tax is payable
- Whether the estate comprises foreign assets
- The existence of related trusts
- Whether the deceased has made lifetime gifts.
Our team comprises a mixture of specialist probate lawyers and accountants, those who are experts in wills and tax planning, and those skilled in the resolution of estate disputes. As well as being highly adept and experienced in the practicalities of obtaining Grants of Representation, dealing with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) over inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and advising on the distribution of the estate; our team are constantly looking for ways to reduce the tax liability and find tax planning opportunities for you and your family.
“The lawyers are responsive, innovative, knowledgeable and personable."
Chambers UK 2016
“Service is extremely good."
Legal 500 2016