We combine the right mix of experience, sector specialism and understanding of the market needed for efficient project delivery.
Because we believe in strong working relationships you can trust us to be by your side the whole way through your project's development, financing and operation. We understand the process from the promoter, sponsor and lender perspectives – allowing us to get to the heart of your issues from the outset.
Our dedicated team of project finance specialists advise project promoters, sponsors, lenders and sub-contractors. We listen to your requirements, and build a project team that works for you, providing the expertise you need, wherever you need it. We have a significant track record acting on infrastructure projects across the UK. We also regularly advise in connection with the development and financing of projects in other parts of the world – particularly Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
With expertise across all the relevant disciplines, from project structuring, procurement and bid strategy, financing, through to the acquisition and disposal of interests in project assets across a range of sectors, we work hard to get you the results you want. We present ambitious, innovative solutions in non/limited recourse (project) finance, as well as in relation to balance sheet funded projects.
We believe that successful project financing relies on our knowing your business and sector inside and out. That’s why we take the time to ask the right questions and listen to what you tell us – and why we’re trusted by some of the leading names in infrastructure development to deliver their projects.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)117 989 6740
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Consortium / joint venture arrangements
- Procurement and bid strategy
- Project agreements, concession agreement, PPP contracts, development agreements
- Supply chain contracts (including construction, power purchase / offtake, fuel supply O&M and management services agreements)
- Risk analysis
- Equity finance (including shareholder debt)
- Debt finance - Facility agreement and/or common terms agreement
- Security and inter-creditor documentation, direct agreements, etc
- ISDA documentation
- Export credit agreements
- Hedging arrangements.
Examples of work
- Advising the sponsor Renewable Energy Generation on three portfolio project financings of ten onshore wind farms with an aggregate capacity of 57 MW.
- Advising the Authority for Electricity Regulation, Oman in relation to project finance issues in respect of the power plants at Sur (433MW), Barka 3 and Sohar 2 (750MW each), the combined Sohar 1 power and water plant (585MW/33MIGD), the Barka 1 10 MIGD water plant expansion and the Al Ghubrah power and desalination plant (432MW/37MIGD).
- Advising Banks Renewables in connection with all elements of five wind farm project financings (West Durham, 24MW, Marr and Hazlehead 14MW, and Armistead and Penny Hill wind farms 33MW).
- Representing the Co-Operative Bank plc in a review of the contract documentation relating to the ELWA waste PFI Contract.
- Advising Vitol S.A. in connection with the on-shore fuel supply infrastructure and fuel supply arrangements relating to project financed 340MW Kpone Independent Power Project in Ghana
- Advising Northumberland County Council on its £100 million waste PFI project relating to the procurement of an integrated waste management service, including the construction of an EfW.
- Advising RWE Npower in relation to project Zephyr, a ground-breaking sale and financing of seventeen wind farm projects including the North Hoyle offshore project and the 92MW Farr wind farm – the first portfolio project financing of wind farm projects in the UK.
Our clients include: Renewable Energy Systems, REG Windpower, Babcock, RWE Npower, ATCO Power, Keepmoat, Banks Renewables, the Co-Operative Bank, the Authority for Electricity Regulation, Oman and Vitol.