We help you turn risk into competitive advantage.
Knowing you’re not alone in navigating the complex regulatory waters brings real peace of mind. Managing risk and building a sustainable business relies on expert legal advice, delivered within the context of commercial understanding.
As one of the leading regulatory teams our experts provide prompt, practical actionable advice for organisations across the UK. What makes us stand out from the crowd is our unswerving commitment to delivering advice on regulation, risk and reputation in a way that reflects the realities of your business needs. In fact, we’re the only firm to take this matter-of-fact approach - to be able to prove our contribution to achieving commercial objectives.
Advising on strategic, operational and enforcement issues against the backdrop of understanding the protection of your reputation is a key element in the way we manage risk and help you build a sustainable business. Whether we’re reviewing your health & safety, environment, licensing, product compliance, data and consumer regulation, or supporting you with specialist care, food and drink or education regulatory compliance. Whether providing solutions to create a solid infrastructure for risk management or responding to investigations and litigation. In supporting an increasing number of clients in compliance with UK export control legislation (in particular those considering exporting high-risk goods that have the potential to be caught under Military or Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) dual use controls).
By taking a step back to look at risk issues in a strategic way across your business and sector, we work hard to get you the results you need.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)191 279 9136
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Data protection
- Competition law
- Cyber risks
- Financial compliance
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Health, safety and environmental law
- Food safety
- Trading law
- Corporate distress
- Road transport and licensing issues
- Strategic advice in relation to risk management and corporate governance.
Examples of work
- Bribery Act: We advised a university on an internal investigation into alleged bribery/corrupt practices including liaison with police.
- We advised the board of a large retailer as to its approach to management of regulatory risk with a view to avoiding personal and corporate liability and reputational risk.
- We advised a client on investigation by Office of Nuclear Regulation into alleged exposure to radiation.
- We advised a company in connection with a fatal accident at its premises, advising as to police/HSE Joint Investigation and appearing at inquest.
Our clients include: Babcock, Royal Mail, Midas Construction, Plymouth Community Homes, B&Q, States of Guernsey, The Really Useful Group, Bay Media Limited, Keller Group, Virgin Health and BMW.