We like to think of ourselves as your regulatory compliance crystal ball.
Our proactive approach to giving advice, coupled with commitment to anticipating market trends and risk means you can turn regulatory compliance into competitive advantage.
We’ve been providing clear direction on product liability and compliance for over twenty years. National and international businesses trust us to help them succeed with all aspects of product regulation and compliance from research and development, product launches and claims, labelling, branding, advertising and marketing, regulatory compliance requirements, and CE and kite marking issues, through to investigations and proceedings brought by enforcement authorities, civil and commercial claims, as well as potential and actual product recalls.
What sets us apart is our dedication to helping you plan for change with minimum disruption and cost. It matters to us that you can see a direct link between the advice we’re giving and the ways in which you’re going to achieve your strategic goals.
That’s why we work hard to understand your commercial objectives and the sector in which you work. As members of industry bodies and trade associations, including the British Retail Consortium, IMRG, Chemical Industry Association, TSI Business Members Group and the Better Regulatory Delivery Office's Business Reference Panel we play an active role in shaping policy and future legislation. It means you’re able to benefit from our exceptionally practical understanding and collaborative approach to getting the right results.
Get in touch
T:+44 (0)238 020 8253
What we do
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Chemicals and manufacturing
- Trade restrictions
- Export requirements
- Energy efficacy
- Quality control and assurance
- CE marking issues
- Product Regulation compliance including cosmetics, medical devices, toys, clothing, home fittings and furnishings, and industrial machinery
- Advertising & Marketing
- Policy/strategic advice
- Operational advice including devising and implementing policies, systems and procedures, including document retention, supply chain due diligence processes, health & safety policies, critical incident policies and providing training on investigation and incident management.
- Criminal defence
- Civil/commercial claims.
Examples of work
- We provide strategic advice on new and forthcoming regulations and their practical impact to a national retail group. An internal committee has been set-up to consider the potential impact of new regulations which we attend on a quarterly basis. This is designed to shape the strategy which the group will take on specific issues which affect the businesses.
- Assisted a national retailer with a number of product recalls and withdrawals in respect of defective products. We worked closely with the client to develop a pragmatic strategy for addressing the safety concerns as well as recovering the associated losses from suppliers. This included specific advice in respect of risk assessment, commissioning and reporting on expert evidence, and potential criminal and civil liabilities.
- Advised a worldwide distributor on the testing of toiletries and cosmetics manufactured in China for sale in the EU. We advised on the procurement of suppliers to carry out the testing, what needed to be demonstrated to ensure compliance with the regulations, the client's obligations under the applicable regulations, and advice on QA processes and information required in the event of a defect being found.
- Advised a number of businesses in respect of trade restrictions/sanctions imposed by the EU on various countries and on country of origin related issues for proposes of supplier declarations.
- Defended a national retailer facing potential enforcement action following a test purchase conducted by Trading Standards. We helped the client meet its objectives to resolving the matter as swiftly and informally as possible with minimum business disruption and preserving its good relationship with the regulator.
Our clients include: Kingfisher, B&Q, Screwfix, New Look, Specsavers, D S Smith, Carlsberg, Sainsbury’s, Colgate-Palmolive, Fentimans, Post Office, Doddle and Manitowoc.